- This event has passed.
Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, 19 – 22 October 2023
October 19 @ 6:00 pm - October 22 @ 4:00 pm
– Craft Says Something
Craft says…excuse me, listen up, I’m different. Be original, be curious, and make a statement. Why not own something that nobody else does?
This Autumn sees the return of one of the UK’s biggest and most prestigious craft shows, The Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair.
Now in its 16th year, this award-winning event brings together over 200 of the most talented makers and designers from across the UK including printmakers, ceramicists, jewellery makers, textile and glass artists, metal workers, and silversmiths as well as furniture & lighting designers. Each of the exhibitors has been specifically selected for their outstanding craftsmanship and talent.
Housed in the iconic Victoria Baths in Manchester, the GNCCF is a unique opportunity to view and buy original handmade pieces from established artists as well as new graduate talent showcasing their work for the first time.
The Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair begins with a special preview evening on Thursday 19th October, 6pm–9pm, then opens to the public on
Friday 20th October, 10am–5pm
Saturday 21st October, 10am–5pm
Sunday 22nd October, 10am–4pm
Advance tickets: £8/£7 concession (plus booking fee)
On the door: £9.50/£8.50 concession
Preview tickets: £15 advance, £17 on the door
Event Highlights for 2023
· Green Graduates, with their exciting ideas to heal the planet
· Work by eminent artists selected for The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust www.qest.org.uk
· Free maker demos and hands-on textile and print workshops, as well as bookable masterclasses to learn new craft techniques led by leading makers.
· Performances by Laura Mathews, last year’s Best in Show, with her stunning interactive animal puppets and sculptures.
· Tableware by Sue Pryke, guest judge on TV’s Great Pottery Throwdown.
· A new initiative to showcase and sell the work of small Northern businesses that make supplies for the craft industry, including popular materials and craft kits.
· An ongoing collaboration with the Manchester-based Oasis charity
· Onsite café, selling delicious lunches and snacks from an all-new menu of local produce.
Advance tickets are now on sale via the website. Anybody who buys advance tickets before 30th September will be entered into a prize draw to win one of 4 prizes of £50 to spend at the fair.
For further information on the show, search #GNCCF or visit:- www.greatnorthernevents.co.uk